The Hummingbird Window Alert Anti-Collision Decal is a static-cling decal that may be applied to window glass. The decal contains a component which brilliantly reflects ultraviolet sunlight. This ultraviolet light is invisible to humans, but glows brilliantly for birds helping them "see" windows and thus avoid striking the glass. Millions of wild birds are killed each year flying into windows and now you can help reduce this loss of life with the Hummingbird Window Alert. Each pack contains four static-cling reflective decals.
- Apply decal to a glass surface. Do not apply to overlays such as tinting products.
- Ideally, place decals alone or in groups every few feet on outside of window.
- Apply decal to warm glass. Clean glass with water only. During winter, use warm water.
- Peel decal off backing. The same side of the decal that was against the backing goes against the glass.
- Position out of reach of infants and small children
- Restore static cling by rinsing in lukewarm water.
- UV coating may fade over time based on exposure and local elevation. Depending on these variables, replace decals every 9-12 months.